| || |
| || || |
| || |
| Home » INFORMATION » News updates |
|01/24/2007 02:19 |
|People’s Committee of Can Tho city enacts a resolution on the continuation of intensifying and improving the quality of PAR activities in the second phase (2006-2010)|
|In order to implement Decision No 94/2006/QD-TTg dated 27 April 2006 of the Prime Minister regarding the approval of the PAR plan in 2006-2010 period, People’s Committee of Can Tho city issued Resolution No 75/2006/NQ-HDND dated 13 December 2006 on the continuation of intensifying and improving the quality of PAR activities in the second phase (2006-2010) of Can Tho city.|
Accordingly, People’s Committee of Can Tho city determines PAR to be the key task of the state administrative apparatus of Can Tho city until year 2010. Based on the continuous promotion of PAR results in the first phase of the city and the state PAR plan in the second phase (2006-2010) of the Government, PAR activities in the second phase of the city focus on intensifying and improving the quality of PAR activities, in which a few following basic contents should be effectively implemented:
1. Re institutional reform:
- seriously ban administrative units, state cadres and civil servants from self-creating the process and procedures which are contrary to the competence stipulated.
- keep improving more the OSS mechanism according to Decision No 181/2003/QD-TTg dated 04 September 2003 of the Prime Minister and other documents amended and supplemented.
- By year 2010, basically the OSS model will have basically been implemented in departments and urban and rural districts; the OSS mechanism must be urgently applied in key fields which creates the momentum for the city’s socio-economic development.
2. Re organisational structure reform:
- keep defining more and more clearly functions, mandates, and the competence of each department, city; overcome the overlapping or unclear assignment of mandates, the state of untight and unsynchronous collaboration in performing civil services.
- gradually streamline the apparatus by forming affiliated divisions inside departments to keep multi-function, in order to synchronise tasks, simultaneously increase the compentence and entrust them responsibility more clearly, specifically to improve PAR effectiveness.
3. Re the improvement of the quality of the staff of cadres and civil servants:
- assess the staff of administrative cadres and civil servants for the restructuring to suit with each position and titles. By year 2010, all cadres and civil servants must satisfy the political, technical qualification standard, computing skills, foreign languages, especially the staff of cadres and civil servants of international business agencies in order to satisfy the integration requirements.
- build up incentive mechanisms and policies to attract talents to work for the public sector, a few specialised departments. Especially, it is necessary to have policies to attract top-ranking, prestigious scientists to work for key departments and fields of the city.
- With the staff of cadres and civil servants at communal level, efforts must be made for standard training according to Decision No 04/2004/QD-BNV dated 16 January 2004 of Minister of Home Affairs, simultaneously policies and regimes to encourage graduate students to work for grassroots level units must be made available in order to create human resources for the staff of cadres and civil servants.
4. Re public finance reform:
- implement Decree No 43/2006/ND-CP dated 25 April 2006 of the Government regarding the stipulation on the autonomy and self-responsibility over mandates performance, staffing and financing in public service delivery agencies. By the end of year 2008, state management units of public service delivery agencies and financial agencies will have had to account and be responsible to the competent level for cases that public service delivery agencies have not implemented well the contents of Decree No 43/2006/ND-CP dated 25 April 2006 of the Government.
- pilot the public assets purchase centre for high value assets.
5. Re the administration modernisation:
- agencies and units must apply information technology in operation by increasing online information sending and receiving and building the database for each department, to ensure a good serving for timely and fast searching.
- implement the quality management system in the operation of state administrative units according to Decision No 144/2006/QD-TTg dated 20 June 2006 of the Prime Minister regarding the application of the ISO 9001:2000 quality management system in administrative units; step by step implement ISO first in units having much dealing with organisations and citizens; apply in all state administrative units in year 2008, apply in all state management offices in year 2009; assess and recognise the standard satisfaction in year 2010.
- build new headquarters with wide reception rooms; equip minimum machines and facilities to satisfy operation requirements in the new situation. The regional technical background must be ensured; information communication must be modern and synchronous.
6. Re the administration reform guidance:
- difficulties inspection and handling are key activities of the guidance renewal aiming to improve more PAR quality.
- accelerate the propaganda, dissemination over the state administration reform, PAR guideline, PAR master program of the Government, as well as of the city in various forms.
- together with Vietnam National Front of Can Tho city and unions speed up the propaganda on the political system and people; by year 2010 the majority of cadres and people will have understood deeply PAR guideline and contents.
Department of Home Affairs of Can Tho city
| || |
| || || |
| || |